Custom Number format
Number ⇒ Custom option Provides a list of custom formats for numbers, dates, and times you can select from or add to. For example, if you want to feed some data like “ICA/07/001, ICA/07/002, and so on,” you have to declare a pattern or format for this type of data as “ICA/00/”000” for a group of cells. Here, the user can manipulate zero positions. Before entering data, first, apply the formats to get the desired effects. Here, ICA/07 will automatically precede all the numbers entered in the formatted cells.
How to set Text Alignment
- Horizontal: To change the horizontal Select the cell contents alignment in the Horizontal list box. By default, Microsoft Office Excel aligns text to the left, numbers to the right, and centers logical and error values. General is the horizontal alignment default. Changing data alignment does not change the type of data.
- Vertical: In the vertical box, select an option to change the vertical alignment of cell contents. By default, Excel aligns text vertically at the bottom of a cell. The default horizontal alignment is General.
- Indent: Indents Cell contents depending on your choice from any edge of the cell under Horizontal and Vertical Each increment in the Indent box is equivalent to the width of one character.
- Orientation: Under Orientation, select an option to change text orientation in selected cells. Rotation options may not be available if other alignment options are selected.: Sets the amount of text rotation in the cell selected. Use a positive number To rotate the selected text in the cell from the bottom left to the top right of the Degree box. Use negative degrees to rotate text from the top left to the bottom right in the selected cell.
- Text control
Wrap text: Wrap text in a cell in multiple lines. ‘ The number of wrapped lines depends on the column width and the length of the cell content.
Shrink to fit: Reduces the apparent size of font characters so that all data in a selected cell fits inside the column. The size of the character is automatically adjusted when you change the width of the column. The font size used is not changed.
- Merge cells: Combine two or more selected cells into one cell. The cell reference for a merged cell is the upper – left cell within the originally selected range.
- Text direction: Select an option to specify reading order and alignment in the text direction box. Context is the default setting, but you can change it to Left – to – Right or Right – to – Left.
Font Control Tab
1. Select the font from the font list.
2. Select font style
3. Select font size to increase/decrease the font
4. Select the underline style.
5. Apply color.
6. Apply text Effects.
7. See the preview of your applied formats
Border and Fill Control Tab
Background Color – Select a background color for selected cells by using the color palette.
Fill Effects – Select this button to apply a gradient, texture and picture fill to selected cells.
More Colors – Select this button to add colors that are not available on the color palette.
Pattern Color – Select a foreground color in the Pattern Color box to create a pattern that uses two colors.
Pattern Style – Select a pattern in the Pattern Style box to format selected cells in a pattern that uses the colors that you select in the Background Color and Pattern Color boxes.
Sample – See a sample of the color; fill effects and pattern options that you select.
Read this also:- Custom Number formating