How to change the color of the text.
- Select the cell, range of cell, text or characters that you want to format with different text color.
- Go to Home Tab ⇒ Font group, do one of the following:
Change the background color of the text.
Select the cell, range of cells, text, or characters that you want to format with a different background color.
On the Home tab, in the Font group, do one of the following:
- To change the background color, click the arrow next to Fill Color and then under Theme Colors or Standard Colors, click the background color that you want to use.
- To apply the most recently selected background color, click Fill Color
- To apply a color other than the available theme colors and standard colors, click More Colors, and then define the color that you want to use on the Standard tab or Custom tab of the Colors dialog box.
Apply a pattern or fill effect to a background color.
- Select the cell, range of cells, text, or characters to which you want to apply a background color with fill effects.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click the Format Cell Font dialog box launcher next to Font, and then
click the Fill tab.
- Under Background Color, click the background color that you want to use.
- Do one of the following:
- To use a pattern with two colors, click another color in the Pattern Color box, and then click a pattern
style in the Pattern Style box.
- To use a pattern with special effects, click Fill Effects, and then click the options that you want on the
Rename Move or Copy Sheet and Tab color
Go to Home Tab ⇒ Cells group⇒ Format ⇒ Choose Rename Sheet / Move or Copy Sheet or any required option to change the format of a sheet.
Rename Sheet – Use this option to change the name of the worksheet as well as the sheet tab. You can do the same thing by double-clicking on the sheet tab or right click on the sheet tab, and from the popup select Rename option. Excel highlights the name on the sheet tab so that you can edit the name or replace it with a new name. Sheet names can be up to 31 characters, and spaces are allowed. However, you can’t use the
following characters in sheet names: (:) Colon,(Front slash, (\) Backslash, (?) Question mark,
Move or Copy Sheet — Use this option to Move or copy worksheets in the same or another workbook. (To move a worksheet to a different workbook, both workbooks must be open.)
Tab Color — Use this option to change the color of your worksheet tabs. For example, you may prefer to color code
the sheet tabs to make identifying the worksheet’s contents easier.
Hide Sheet and Unhide Sheet — Use this option to hide and unhide the current worksheet.