What are the types of data Excel Supports
Excel mainly supports Two types of data: Text and Number. You can format them using the font, alignment and number grouping. The command of font group is same as MS-Word and also their usage. the alignment and number group provides some special buttons as shown in the figure.
- Make all content visible within a cell by displaying it on multiple lines.
- A single cell created by combining two or more selected cells. The contents Of the single cell appear in the center of the merged cell.S
- elect various currencies formats for the selected cells.
- If you want to change the currency symbol, then go to Start Menu ⇒ Control Panel ⇒ Regional and Language options. Change the default currency symbol to your desired one.
- Percentage button allows a percentage sign as a suffix with the numeric data and multiplies the number by 100 (hundred).
- These commands are used to increase or decrease the number of decimal places. Normally it is round off the figures.
- These Indent buttons are used to change indentation within a cell(s).
- Rotate you text diagonally or vertically. This is a great way to narrow Columns.
How to customize editing data (Cut, Copy & Paste)
Edit Data: You can change a data in a cell directly by overwriting the same or press F2 function Key / double click on the cell for editing.
Copy & Paste Data: You can copy an entry into surrounding cells by dragging the AutoFill handle of the cell contents of which you want to copy, that will appear at the right-bottom corner of the cell. Drag the fill handle in
any direction to copy the data to adjacent cells. A small box or bubble appears to let you know exactly what data is being copied.
This feature of Excel is called AutoFill. Using this dragging method of Fill handle you may copy data as well as formula. This can also be performed by using Home Tab ⇒Clipboard Group ⇒Copy and Paste command sequentially. Instead of Ribbon, you can use shortcuts also; Ctrl + C keys together for Copy option and Ctrl +
V keys together for Paste option.
Moving Data: To move data from one location to another, you can use Ribbon, i.e., Go to Home Tab ⇒ Clipboard Group ⇒ Click Cut command or press Ctrl + X keys together. Keep your cursor on the target cell and click Paste command on clipboard group or press Ctrl+V. Otherwise, drag the border of the selection to
the required area.
Delete Data: To delete the contents of a cell completely, place the cell pointer on the cell and press Delete or Del key from the keyboard, otherwise select Home Tab⇒Editing Group⇒Clear⇒Clear All.
Work With Worksheet.
Changing Sheet Name.:- You can change the Name of the sheet tabs
- Double-click on the sheet tab of the worksheet you want to rename or right-click
on the tab, type the name and press enter.
- Select Rename option from the context-sensitive popup menu, type the name and press enter.
- Right click on Sheet tab -5 the current name will be highlighted. Type a new name and press Enter key.
Adding a New Worksheet
- Right-Click on Sheet Tab
- Choose and click insert option from the popup menu.
OR – To quickly insert a new worksheet at the end of the existing worksheets, click the Insert Worksheet tab at the bottom of the screen.
OR press Shift+F11
Removing a Worksheet
1) Right-click on the sheet tab
2) and click Delete option from the popup menu.
Be careful when deleting worksheets as you cannot undo the deletion.
Want to Buy Excel Click Here