How to change the color of the text.
- Select the cell, range of cell, text or characters that you want to format with different text color.
- Go to Home Tab ⇒ Font group, do one of the following:
Change the background color of the text.
Select the cell, range of cells, text, or characters that you want to format with a different background color.
On the Home tab, in the Font group, do one of the following:
- To change the background color, click the arrow next to Fill Color and then click the background color you want to use under Theme Colors or Standard Colors.
- To apply the most recently selected background color, click Fill Color
- To apply a color other than the available theme colors and standard colors, click More Colors and then define the color you want to use on the Standard tab or C.
Apply a pattern or fill effect to a background color.
- Select the cell, range of cells, text, or characters to which you want to apply a background color with fill effects.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click the Format Cell Font dialog box next to Font and then click the Fill tab.
- Under Background Color, click the background color you want to use.
- Do one of the following:
- Click another color in the Pattern Color box to use a pattern with two colors and then click a pattern style in the Pattern Style box.
- Click Fill Effects to use a pattern with special effects and then click the options you want on the Gradient tab.
Rename Move or Copy Sheet and Tab color
Go to Home Tab ⇒ Cells group⇒ Format ⇒ Choose Rename Sheet / Move or Copy Sheet or any required option to change the format of a sheet.
Rename Sheet – Use this option to change the worksheet name as well as the sheet tab. You can do the same by double-clicking on the sheet tab or right-clicking on the sheet tab and select Rename from the popup option. Excel highlights the name on the sheet tab so you can edit the name or replace it with a new name. Sheet names can be up to 31 characters and spaces are permitted. However, in sheet names you can not use the following characters: (:) Colon,(Front slash,(\) Backslash,?) (Question mark,(*) Asterisk.
Move or Copy Sheet — Use this option to move or copy worksheets in the same or another workbook. (To move a workbook to another workbook, both workbooks must be open.)
Tab Color — Use this option to change the tabs color of your worksheet. For example, you may prefer to color the sheet tabs to make it easier to identify the contents of the worksheet.
Hide Sheet and Unhide Sheet — Use this option to hide and unhide the current worksheet.