This helps you to define a paper size for the current having its margin values and other pages properties. On the Page Layout ribbon, you will find a group devoted to setting up your page.
In page set up there are so many options but today you will be familiar with the following.
Margin:- Margins are the white space around the page’s edges. to change the margin, click the Margins button on the page setup group and pick a preset size.
Top ⇒ Top Margin. that is space from the top.
Bottom ⇒ Bottom Margin. That is space from the bottom.
Left ⇒ Left Margin. that is space from the left.
Right ⇒ Right margin. that is space from the right.
Here some predefined settings are given; you can apply any setting for your document just clicking on that preset. if you required any setting which is not available under the drop-down preset you can click on the Custom Margin Button to open the page setup dialogue and set margin as per your requirement.
Orientation:- You can switch the direction in which a page is laid out on the paper. the default orientation is a portrait, in which the page is taller than it is wide.you can set orientation to landscape, in which the page is wider than it is tall.
In portrait orientation, the paper would be printed on with the long side vertically. with Landscape orientation, the paper would be printed on with the long side horizontally.
Paper Size:- you can switch to one of the sizes available for the selected printed by making a selection from a list.
- world’s default paper size 8 1/2 by 11 inches, called Letter Size.if you want to change this, however, you can do so using the size command. simply click page setup group and click the size that you want.
- If your paper size isn’t there, click on more paper size to open the page setup dialogue, choose custom size.
How to previewing and adjusting page layout.
Previewing and Adjusting Page Layout Usually while you’re creating a document, you’ll make decisions about the size of the margins and the direction of the page (called the orientation) to best suit your content. You can use the Margins and Orientation commands in the Page Setup group of the Page Layout tab to make any necessary adjustments to the document, and you can use the Size command to change the paper size.
You can also set up the page(s) using Page Setup dialogue clicking on the quick box launcher in the bottom right-hand corner of the group.
- Use the Gutter to add additional space to a document that will be bound. if the binding material takes up a half inch, adding a 0.5″ Gutter will maintain equal white space on the portion of the document that will be bound. the default gutter position is on the left of the page. for documents that will be top-bound, choose top from the gutter position drop-down list.
- If you turn on mirror margin, the left, and right margin will be changed into inside and outside the margin changes the two margin that will be back to back. the left margin of the left page and the right margin of the right page in the preview. the inside margin is the right margin of the left page and the left margin of the right page.
- To prepare a single folded card or notebook, we can turn on the option 2 page per sheet. the original page will be divided into two halves alongside the same margin for each part.
1)Choose paper size from the popup as required. for the paper size not available in the preset choose custom and enter width and height.
2) Indicate the width and the height of the page according to your selected paper size.
3)Paper source feature is helpful when you send the document to a printer with multiple trays. for example, you are to printing chapter for details.
4)The whole Document is for applying these setting for all pages of your document and this point forward is for this point for is for the current and on words pages.
1)Through this feature, you can define the nature of the header and footer for different pages. we discuss this option in detail at the time of discussing header and footer.
2) Vertical alignment drop-down aligns all lines vertically in respect of the page hight.
3) Border button allows a border surrounding each page. this button provides you border and shading dialog box where you can specify the border style.