Borders and Shading
By using these formatting features you can set a border to the paragraph (s) as well as page border to appear surrounding the print area and can also highlight any particular portion of such matter using shading option to keep the appearance of the matter more attractive.
Adding a Border or shading a paragraph
You can use border and shading to fill in the background of a paragraph, or selected text.
- First, you must select the area you want to border and shade.
- On the Design, tab ⇒ clicks the page Border command the Border and Shading dialog box appears. click the Borders tab, refer to figure right.
- Click the type of border you want specific a line style, color, and width. to customize the border from the side of the paragraph the button represents. to replace the border, click the button again.
- Click the option to change the distance of the border from the text.
- To add, shading, click the shading tab select the option you want to choose the fill color. use “More colors” if needed you can also choose a pattern style. Refer figure.
- Choose paragraph Apply to pop up. click OK and you ‘ll see your settings applied to that part of your document.
Now’ We Learn
How to Placing a Border around a page
- On the Design, Tab ⇒ Click the page border button, the borders, and the shading dialog box appears.
- Click the Page Border tab of the Border and Shading dialog box refer to the figure.
- Choose the type of border you want. you can style, color, and width, as well as a variety of graphical border.
- To customize the border from the side border button, if you want to remove the border. to replace the border, click the button again.
- Click the option to change the distance of the border from the text. to keep a good look, you can use the shading tab if needed.
- Choose the color you want. you can also use pattern. click OK.
you can add a border to any or all sides of each page in a document, to pages in a section, to the first page only, or to all pages except the first. You can add page borders in different line styles and colors, as well as a variety of graphical borders. You can also apply attractive inbuilt Art as a page border. The custom option under page border is to alter individual border style.
Decorative Horizontal Line
- Click at the position in the document where you want the line to appear
- On the Home, Tab click the Borders Dropdown
- Click on the Horizontal Line
To modify the Line right click on it and click on Format Horizontal line to display the Format Horizontal Line dialog box. Make any modification you want.
In word 2016 you can copy the format of selected text and paste the copied attribution to a ‘target’ selection.
- Simply select the text double click the Format painting on the Home Tab (It then remains active until you press ESC or click the button again).
- Note the paintbrush that stalks your cursor as you move it. When you select your target text, the copied formatting is applied as soon as you release the mouse button.
Also, you can use a Mini Toolbar.
If you would like to apply to format to more than one area, double click the Format Painter icon. this makes it stay on inevitably, meaning nearly anything you click after will reflect the formatting. TO turn this Off again,
just click the Format Painter icon again.
To display all the available shortcut keys so that you can choose the one you want. To toggle the display of shortcut key simple press ALT and wait a moment the key tips appear on the command whenever they’re found simply press the letter of the command you want to select.